Why is Firefox such a beast??

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Wed Sep 24 21:32:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 14:57:16 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:10:16 +0000 (UTC) Beartooth <Beartooth at swva.net>
> wrote:
>
>> 	I'll try it once more. And dollars to doughnuts they all come
>> back. Probably the very next time I update Firefox; certainly when I
>> upgrade my OS.
>
> They will, when you update Firefox.  The language packs are part of the
> Firefox rpms.  So you have to remove them each time after you do a
> Firefox update.

	Aaarrgghhhh : I update firefox more days than not.

	*Why* are the rpms that way?? Can an ordinary non-technoid get
them out? Or get rpms without them somewhere?? If the latter, what will
happen when something involving Firefox turns up on a yum update??

Fedora 8 & 9; Alpine 1.10, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2, Epiphany 2, Opera 9, Firefox 2 & 3