Xbmc on Fedora? (fabulous mediacenter application)

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 18:48:44 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 12:40 PM, Scott Harvanek
<scotth at sourcemirrors.org> wrote:
> Valent,
>
> Does this work for you?
> http://fedorajunkies.com/index.php/XBMC
> ;)
>
> That's how I did it on Fedora 8, I'm sure it would work for Fedora 9 just
> the same way (change the livna repo of course).
>
> Please, if it does work on F9 let me know, if it does not please tell me
> what you had to change so I can update that how-to for F9 as well
>
> Enjoy! (XBMC is sweet)
>
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
>>
>> http://xbmc.org/
>>
>> The multiplatform version of XboxMediaCenter is out, but there are
>> only instuctions how to install it on Ubunut :(
>> If anybody manages to install it on Fedora please post your howto.
>>
>> If you haven't seen XboxMediaCenter you will be amazed how functiona
>> and estetic this application is! I'm using it on my Xbox 1 console and
>> I'm really blown away by it every time I use it.
>>
>> screenshots:
>> http://xbmc.org/media/
>>
>> videos:
>> http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=xbmc#
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Valent.
>>

> --
> Scott Harvanek          PGP KeyID: 0xCBCE5168 | URL:
> http://www.mcguyverofbeer.com/pgp.html
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ScottHarvanek

./configure fails here:

checking for main in -lmysqlclient... no
configure: error: == Could not find a required library. Please see README.linux

I installed all mysql packages and I still get an error under Fedora 9!

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Valent.

--