Command help?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 23:15:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 14:24 -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:
> Whoops!  In my previous comment on this, I neglected to mention you
> really need to run /etc/rc.d/rc with the desired runlevel to force the
> /etc/rc.d/rcX.d stuff to go.  In other words, if you do "telinit 3",
> then you should also do "/etc/rc.d/rc 3" after it.

I don't think this is right. AFAIK the change in run level causes the
script to be run automatically. Note that on F9 the mechanism is
different from on previous Fedoras as it now uses the new upstart
system, but a quick look at /etc/event.d/rc3 shows an explicit call to
"exec /etc/rc.d/rc 3". (The OP doesn't mention which version of Fedora
he has but the new system is set up to emulate the old behaviour).

poc