How to Disable screensaver

Peter Reed peterreed at lavabit.com
Sun Sep 28 22:03:30 UTC 2008

On Sunday 28 September 2008 02:47:46 pm Dave Feustel wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 12:48:24PM -0700, Kam Leo wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 12:28 PM, Dave Feustel <dfeustel at mindspring.com>
wrote:
> > > I'm running F9.  How do I turn off the screensaver (or extend the
> > > timeout period) so I don't have to type my password every two minutes
> > > to unlock the screen?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> >
> > For Gnome Desktop go to System->Preferences->Look and Feel.
>
> Thanks! How do I select the kde desktop?

For the kde desktop click on the menu > Favorites > System Settings > The
Desktop icon >  Screen Saver then under the screen saver settings you will
see a check box for start automatically and make sure that box is checked
under that will be a check box for use password and how long before you will
be asked for a password.

Peter