Another basic networking question.

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Apr 2 09:25:24 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 02 April 2009 03:09:29 Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> Well....  I still feel that sometimes this list is over used for topics
>> that can better be discussed elsewhere.
>>

> The trouble with that argument is "Where is elsewhere?"  This isn't an idle
> question.  I often give off-list help to very newbie users, and I'd love to be
> able to tell them that there is a list somewhere where they won't get a rude
> answer for asking sensible and civil questions.

One of the things that I do when faced with a question on a subject that
doesn't seem to really fit the lists I'm currently subscribed to is to
go over to http://marc.info/ and see if there may be list of interest.
I look in the various archives and determine if it may be a better fit.
Then I subscribe and ask my question(s).

I have even stooped so low as to ask for off-line help when I felt the
level of discussion shouldn't be exposed/suffered by others...

Yet, keep in mind, that's just me....

Love is never asking why? Mei-Mei.Greshko at greshko.com
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cCSz_koUhSg