Another basic networking question.

Gabriel - IP Guys Gabriel at impactteachers.com
Thu Apr 2 10:50:17 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Anne Wilson
Sent: 02 April 2009 11:01
To: Community assistance, encouragement,and advice for using Fedora.
Subject: Re: Another basic networking question.

On Thursday 02 April 2009 10:42:51 Gabriel - IP Guys wrote:
> It might be an idea to send the person to an IRC chat room, at least
> that way the info is in real time, and the person who is looking to
> learn will be able to observe and learn how people solve issues, and
> advance using fedora(linux).

That depends - if they have used chatrooms before that would work fine,
but many such channels have three or more conversations going on at the
same time, and can be really scarey places when you are struggling.  I'd
hesitate to recommend this to someone who was already showing signs of
stress - I don't want to be blamed for him having a stroke! :-)

Gabriel Says -

I think I have to agree with you on that one! Okay, well, there are a
number of how to sites, that may make pleasant reading for newbies...
http://www.fedorafaq.org/ - Should answer a few questions, and maybe
even motivate the newbie guy/person/girl to want to learn more.

Just an idea :)