Resizing with gparted for Fedora installation

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 3 14:21:37 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 08:30 +0300, Mark Ryden wrote:
> Aaron,
>
>  Thanks.
>   I am a newbie about this. Why should I defrag the disk first?
> Won't it work without defrag the disk first?
> Are there any disadvantages of running gparted without defrag it
> first?
> Is the fact that, in fact, after the manufacturer/seller installed
> Vista, there was **no work** done on the filesystem (there was one
> boot into vista, that's all) , makes running defrag unneeded ?
>
> Regards,
> Mark
Well you seem to be aware what def ragging does. Probably on a newly
installed system it is not needed but running the program will show you
that and def ragging if needed will be fast. I can't see in the man page
which is oriented towards Linux systems that def ragging is done by
gparted.
Chamberlain's Laws: (1) The big guys always win. (2) Everything tastes
more or less like chicken.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net