Editor to program in C

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Apr 5 04:59:41 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 11:24 +0930, Tim wrote:
> Tim:
> >> There's one thing worse than vi, and that's emacs.   ;-)
>
> Craig White:
> > of course the opinion expressed above is from a GNOME user...  ;-)
>
> That just sounds dirty... ;-)
>
> Actually, my first foray into trying out emacs was on the Amiga, and a
> nasty piece of work it was.  These days, I tend to use gvim, as it gives
> me a menu for all those commands I can't remember, and decent scrolling.
----
probably just me but I'm not crazy about any of the GUI text editors and
often just invoke emacs with -nw (no x) and stay in konsole. vi deals
with extremely large files much better than emacs. vi is probably cool
but I have never taken the time to learn more than the very basic
commands.

kwrite is ok, I like kate better and if I am going to do any amount of
text editing in GUI, it's likely to be kate (and I write this with 2
kwrite windows open on my desktop).

commitment phobia

Craig

believed to be clean.