screen blanks with nomodeset

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Mon Apr 6 16:33:25 UTC 2009

Chris,
   The worst part is that the fglrx drivers have stopped working
on my machine with X1650 Pro graphics. The kernel level drivers
seem to work okay, but when X starts up, I only get a black screen.
This issue doesn't occur on a MacBook Pro with X1600 graphics so
it appears to be specific to that particular graphics card. I tried
rawhide over the weekend and the new DRI2 ati drivers have there
on slew of issues (like rendering out of windows for pymol).
           Jack