Opening OOo-3 files from Dolphin or Konqueror

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 6 21:22:06 UTC 2009

FC 10-X86_64 / KDE

This box is a Fresh install of FC10 from FC8 ,  / was formatted and
clean install, the /home/user was saved from FC8 .

For instance, opening a *.xls , *.odt any OO file, from Dolphin or
Konqueror,  if you LEFT click on a Icon to open a xls, it will say it
can't open it,
but if I RIGHT click and tell it to open with "OpenOffice Calc" it will
open it.

In the window, when you RIGHT click it says;

 ? Open with Spreadsheet
Open with Openoffice Calc
Other

If you click on "Open with Spreadsheet" that when it says it can't open
file,   There is  a ? in front of  'Open with Spreadsheet' , which it
means it's a DEAD application launcher.

But if I select 'Open with Openoffice Calc' it then opens the .xls file.

That  ? Open with Spreadsheet  is a DEAD launcher and also the DEFAULT
launcher when LEFT clicking on Icon to start opening a OpenOffice-3 file.

How Do I Get Rid of   ?  Open with Spreadsheet in the LEFT click window .

I have deleted the ~/user/.kde and let it regenerate a new .kde folder,
but that doesn't help with my problem.

I also deleted the  .openoffice folder and let it regenerate a new
.openoffice folder.