Apache Config - how to make a directory accessable ? (SOLVED)

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Apr 8 12:49:21 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 08:06 +0200, Uwe Kiewel wrote:
> Craig White schrieb:

> >> The question is: Does he need selinux? For a normal server it is too
> >> paranoid I think. SElinux is the first thing I switch off after the setup.
> > ----
> > I can see how life's easier when you disable technologies that
> > contribute to the overall security of your systems but I can't see the
> > logic of boasting about it.
> >

> My point of view: Use the technologies you need in your specific case -
> do not use every technology you could use.
>
> Fedora enables SElinux by default - other distributions do not so.
----
Those are separate issues.

Fedora is an edge distribution that drives Linux development in ways
that few other distributions can.

RHEL (and it's various derivatives) definitely use SELinux and I find
that like all other technologies, I begin to grasp how they work over
time so the more I am exposed to the care and feeding, the more I
understand.

Other distributions - some of them have them but their adoption is
miniscule because it's not mandatory.

Security always seems to mean that you have to endure the learning curve
in order to implement. SELinux...yeah, it's like that.

Craig

believed to be clean.