Chown ???

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Wed Apr 8 22:12:50 UTC 2009

Jim wrote:
> Rick Stevens wrote:
>> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

>>> asr33, paper scroll :-)
>>
>> ASR33s also had the paper tape punch and reader.  KSR33s did not.  I
>> had both hooked up to my Altair 8800 back in '77 via 110 baud, 20mA
>> current
>> loop serial interfaces.
>>
>> Ah, memories!
>> - Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                      ricks at nerd.com -
>> - AIM/Skype: therps2        ICQ: 22643734            Yahoo: origrps2 -
>> -                                                                    -
>> -        Polygon: A dead parrot (With apologies to John Cleese)      -
>>
> ASR33 on  a Altair, that far back, You must be at least 100,  I started
> out on a RCA 1802 8 bit and I still have it.
> I modified it to work on S100 bus so I could get more memory , 64k , man
> you were top dog with that kind of memory.

Maybe he was talking about an Altair 8008. Intel 8080 processor,
S-100 bus, front panel with status and data LEDs. Address/data
toggle switches, and a few control toggles.

Toggle in the paper tape loader in binary. Then load the system
monitor/program from paper tape. I remember loading an assembler
from paper tape, and then feeding the program source from another tape.

Mikkel