[OT] Anyone here used Clonezilla?

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Thu Apr 9 09:56:21 UTC 2009

On Thursday 09 April 2009 10:07:45 Anne Wilson wrote:
> I decided that I really should clone the partitions on my laptop, so
> started Clonezilla.  I inserted the USB drive lead when prompted to, and
> saw it recognised as a Freecom drive.  It went through all the partitions
> with 'Getting /dev/hda1 info...' type messages, then 'Getting /dev/sda1
> info....' and there it hung.
>
> Any ideas?

I started again, this time making sure that no-one distracted me at the time
that the USB drive has to be activated.  I suspect that something there is
very time-sensitive.  It does seem odd that it recognised the drive enough to
name it, but then couldn't handle it.  Anyway, the upshot is that the next re-
start of the process was absolutely fine and I have my disk images.

Anne