Akonadi server process not registered at DBus

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Apr 11 16:53:26 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 10:35 -0600, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> I get an Akonadi error message when I log into my KDE session.
>
> A short while after the session starts, an Akonadi window appears with a
> list of tasks that have occurred.  The first item in the list marked as
> an error is
>
> "Akonadi server process not registered at D-Bus"
>
> Frustratingly, the Akonadi error window disappears after being visible
> for about 10 seconds and I can't get much more information than that.
>
> There is a button to copy the error message(s) to the clipboard, but it
> doesn't seem to work.
>
> How do I troubleshoot/fix this problem ?
----
assuming that you are not running gui as root which seems to cause some
issues with akonadia, that seemed to be an issue with early versions of
F10/KDE but I suspect that if you open systemsettings

Advanced => Akondai Configuration => Akonodai Server Configuration

and then click 'Test' button, you can see what the issues are and use
this tool to fix if necessary.

Craig

believed to be clean.