Akonadi server process not registered at DBus

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Apr 11 18:21:54 UTC 2009

On Saturday 11 April 2009, Craig White wrote:
>On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 13:58 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

>> >----
>> >assuming that you are not running gui as root which seems to cause some
>> >issues with akonadia, that seemed to be an issue with early versions of
>> >F10/KDE but I suspect that if you open systemsettings
>> >
>> >Advanced => Akondai Configuration => Akonodai Server Configuration
>> >
>> >and then click 'Test' button, you can see what the issues are and use
>> >this tool to fix if necessary.
>> >
>> >Craig
>>
>> Craig, hijacking a thread here I suspect, but for users of KDE as shipped
>> by Fedora for f10, there is not such an animal in the menu's.  Which is
>> probably why you couldn't understand why I had all the trouble I had.
>> There is simply no access to that utility from my menu's on this machine.
>
>----
>no System Settings (systemsettings)?  Seriously?
>
>Craig

I have a "Settings" menu, which contains:
-------------------
Authorizations
Kwallet's manager
Menu Updating tool
Pulseaudio Sound server Prefs
Default Printer
Desktop Switching tool
DriConf
Java
PalmOs
Preferred Applications
-----------------------
And that is all of it.

I'm hoping that KDE-4.2.2 will make it to F10, but I suspect it will be as
usual, make us update to F11 to get it.  4.2.1 is all I have.

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

River: (beat) "Do you?"

Mal: "It's what I do, darlin'."  (sighing) "It's what I do."
				--"Serenity"