Akonadi server process not registered at DBus

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Apr 11 18:53:28 UTC 2009

On Saturday 11 April 2009, Craig White wrote:
>On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 14:21 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

>> >----
>> >no System Settings (systemsettings)?  Seriously?
>> >
>> >Craig
>>
>> I have a "Settings" menu, which contains:
>> -------------------
>> Authorizations
>> Kwallet's manager
>> Menu Updating tool
>> Pulseaudio Sound server Prefs
>> Default Printer
>> Desktop Switching tool
>> DriConf
>> Java
>> PalmOs
>> Preferred Applications
>> -----------------------
>> And that is all of it.
>>
>> I'm hoping that KDE-4.2.2 will make it to F10, but I suspect it will be as
>> usual, make us update to F11 to get it.  4.2.1 is all I have.
>
>----
>You must have deleted it out of your menu somehow...it is there by
>default in all KDE 4.x installs from the earliest Fedora 9 releases
>onward.
>
>go to konsole (as whatever user you are running your gui but I suspect
>that it is root) and type 'systemsettings'
>
>As I recall, there is a problem running akonodai as root anyway.
>
>Craig

systemsettings brings up a menu I have seen before, but I haven't seen it
since I switched the menu from that sort of gfx to a text menu like I was used
to.
-->advanced-->akonadi configuration brings up a 2 tab screen, resources
contains a std.vcf file icon, and the server tab shows use internal mysql as
checked, a list of ghosted options, and a test button.  That, copied to the
clipboard:
Akonadi Server Self-Test Report
===============================

Test 1:  SUCCESS
--------

Database driver found.
Details: The QtSQL driver 'QMYSQL' is required by your current Akonadi server
configuration.
The following drivers are installed: QSQLITE, QMYSQL3, QMYSQL.
Make sure the required driver is installed.

File content of '/root/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc':
[%General]
Driver=QMYSQL

[QMYSQL]
Name=akonadi
User=gene
Password=gh10041934
Options="UNIX_SOCKET=/root/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.socket"
ServerPath=/usr/libexec/mysqld
StartServer=true
Host=coyote.coyote.den

[Debug]
Tracer=null

Test 2:  SUCCESS
--------

MySQL server found.
Details: You currently have configured Akonadi to use the MySQL server
'/usr/libexec/mysqld'.
Make sure you have the MySQL server installed, set the correct path and ensure
you have the necessary read and execution rights on the server executable. The
server executable is typically called 'mysqld', its locations varies depending
on the distribution.

Test 3:  SUCCESS
--------

MySQL server is executable.
Details: MySQL server found: 090411 14:47:58 [Warning] option 'max_join_size':
unsigned value 18446744073709551615 adjusted to 4294967295
090411 14:47:58 [Warning] option 'max_join_size': unsigned value
18446744073709551615 adjusted to 4294967295
/usr/libexec/mysqld  Ver 5.0.77 for redhat-linux-gnu on i386 (Source
distribution)

Test 4:  WARNING
--------

MySQL server log contains warnings.
Details: The MySQL server log file '<a
href='/root/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/mysql.err'>/root/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/mysql.err</a>'
contains warnings.

File content of '/root/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/mysql.err':
090411 14:42:12  InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 143473
090411 14:42:12 [Warning] Can't open and lock time zone table: Table
'mysql.time_zone_leap_second' doesn't exist trying to live without them
090411 14:42:12 [Note] /usr/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '5.0.77-log'  socket:
'/root/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.socket'  port: 0  Source
distribution

Test 5:  SUCCESS
--------

MySQL server default configuration found.
Details: The default configuration for the MySQL server was found and is
readable at <a href='/etc/akonadi/mysql-global.conf'>/etc/akonadi/mysql-
global.conf</a>.

File content of '/etc/akonadi/mysql-global.conf':
#
# Global Akonadi MySQL server settings,
# These settings can be adjusted using $HOME/.config/akonadi/mysql-local.conf
#
# Based on advice by Kris Köhntopp <kris at mysql.com>
#
[mysqld]
skip_grant_tables
skip_networking

# strict query parsing/interpretation
# TODO: make Akonadi work with those settings enabled
#sql_mode=strict_trans_tables,strict_all_tables,strict_error_for_division_by_zero,no_auto_create_user,no_auto_value_on_zero,no_engine_substitution,no_zero_date,no_zero_in_date,only_full_group_by,pipes_as_concat
#sql_mode=strict_trans_tables

# use InnoDB for transactions and better crash recovery
default_storage_engine=innodb
# case-insensitive table names, avoids trouble on windows
lower_case_table_names=1
character_set_server=latin1
collation_server=latin1_general_ci
table_cache=200
thread_cache_size=3
log_bin=mysql-bin
expire_logs_days=3
#sync_bin_log=0
# error log file name, relative to datadir
log_error=mysql.err
log_warnings=2
# log all queries, useful for debugging but generates an enormous amount of
data
log=mysql.full
# log queries slower than n seconds, log file name relative to datadir
log_slow_queries=mysql.slow
long_query_time=1
# log queries not using indices, debug only, disable for production use
log_queries_not_using_indexes=1
# maximum blob size
max_allowed_packet=32M
max_connections=256
# makes sense when having the same query multiple times
# makes no sense with prepared statements and/or transactions
query_cache_type=0
query_cache_size=0

innodb_file_per_table=1
innodb_log_buffer_size=1M
innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=1M
# messure database size and adjust
# SELECT sum(data_length) as bla, sum(index_length) as blub FROM
information_schema.tables WHERE table_schema not in ("mysql",
"information_schema");
innodb_buffer_pool_size=80M
# size of average write burst, keep Innob_log_waits small, keep
Innodb_buffer_pool_wait_free small (see show global status like "inno%", show
global variables)
innodb_log_file_size=64M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=2

Test 6:  SUCCESS
--------

MySQL server custom configuration found.
Details: The custom configuration for the MySQL server was found and is
readable at <a href='/root/.config/akonadi/mysql-
local.conf'>/root/.config/akonadi/mysql-local.conf</a>

File content of '/root/.config/akonadi/mysql-local.conf':
user=root

Test 7:  SUCCESS
--------

MySQL server configuration is usable.
Details: The MySQL server configuration was found at <a
href='/root/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf'>/root/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf</a>
and is readable.

File content of '/root/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf':
#
[...]

Test 8:  SUCCESS
--------

akonadictl found and usable
Details: The program '/usr/bin/akonadictl' to control the Akonadi server was
found and could be executed successfully.
Result:
Akonadi Control: running
Akonadi Server: running

Test 9:  SUCCESS
--------

Akonadi control process registered at D-Bus.
Details: The Akonadi control process is registered at D-Bus which typically
indicates it is operational.

Test 10:  SUCCESS
--------

Akonadi server process registered at D-Bus.
Details: The Akonadi server process is registered at D-Bus which typically
indicates it is operational.

Test 11:  SKIP
--------

Protocol version check not possible.
Details: Without a connection to the server it is not possible to check if the
protocol version meets the requirements.

Test 12:  SUCCESS
--------

Resource agents found.
Details: At least one resource agent has been found.

Directory listing of '/usr/share/akonadi/agents':
distlistresource.desktop
icalresource.desktop
imaplibresource.desktop
kabcresource.desktop
kcalresource.desktop
knutresource.desktop
localbookmarksresource.desktop
maildirresource.desktop
mailthreaderagent.desktop
nepomukcontactfeeder.desktop
nepomukemailfeeder.desktop
nepomuktagresource.desktop
nntpresource.desktop
strigifeeder.desktop
vcarddirresource.desktop
vcardresource.desktop

Environment variable XDG_DATA_DIRS is set to '/usr/share/kde-settings/kde-
profile/default/share:/usr/local/share:/usr/share'

Test 13:  SUCCESS
--------

No current Akonadi server error log found.
Details: The Akonadi server did not report any errors during its current
startup.

Test 14:  ERROR
--------

Previous Akonadi server error log found.
Details: The Akonadi server did report error during its previous startup into
<a
href='/root/.local/share/akonadi/akonadiserver.error.old'>/root/.local/share/akonadi/akonadiserver.error.old</a>.

File content of '/root/.local/share/akonadi/akonadiserver.error.old':
Control process died, committing suicide!

Test 15:  SUCCESS
--------

No current Akonadi control error log found.
Details: The Akonadi control process did not report any errors during its
current startup.

Test 16:  SUCCESS
--------

No previous Akonadi control error log found.
Details: The Akonadi control process did not report any errors during its
previous startup.
Longer than I thought it was. :(

And it seems to be working recently, I no longer get that same message when
I'm starting X.  However, Test 4's results look like a bug to me.

Now the 64$ Q is why is that not in my menu's, I haven't deleted but a couple
of things I knew were somehow left overs from FC2!

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)