f10 kde edition install/live cd no graphical screen

jackson byers byersjab at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 15:57:58 UTC 2009

Rex Dieter wrote:
jackson byers wrote:

> I am trying to use f10 kde edition install/live cd-- this is a purchased
> cd.
> All i get is a few lines on the console    maybe said something wrong
> apci?

What video hw?

Try booting with:
xdriver=vesa
?

-- Rex
-------------
what does this mean?  how to use that option?
i dont seem to have any booting choices when booting from any live cd

$ less /etc/sysconfig/hwconf
class: VIDEO
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: matroxfb_base
desc: "Matrox Graphics, Inc. MGA G550 AGP"
video.xdriver: mga
vendorId: 102b
deviceId: 2527
subVendorId: 102b
subDeviceId: 0f84
pciType: 1
pcidom:    0
pcibus:  1
pcidev:  0
pcifn:  0
-
class: VIDEO
bus: DDC
detached: 0
desc: "Matrox G550"
mem: 32768
-
my main system is fc5   boots into level 3,  then i use startx
but this should not be affecting how a livecd boots?

The other live cds i have tried come up automatically into their graphical
screens.
still mystified as to why I have trouble with this live/install cd
while my hardware handles others just fine.
Jack