Flash player "Settings" menu, 64-bit

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Thu Apr 23 17:41:20 UTC 2009

Ok, I've got one.  I'm trying to do some testing for a client using a
video chat system based on Flash.  Flash simply won't use the camera or
mic on my system although both work just fine in ekiga, cheese, skype,
you name it.  In fact, a right click in the Flash pages on the client's
site brings up the Flash control panel, but the "Settings..." option
is greyed out.

Anyone else run into this?  Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Oh, Fedora 10-x86_64 fully updated, FireFox 3.0.8, 64-bit Flash player,
10,0,22,87 (also tried with 32-bit with nswrapper).
-          Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.           -