Remooving U3 from USB drive.

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 21:28:13 UTC 2009

Aaron Konstam wrote:

> A question which appeared on fedora-list recently was how to remove U#W
> from a USB drive. I did not see a resolution until the following web
> link:
>
> http://www.u3.com/uninstall

I tried to find the answer to this some time ago also - the link you refer
to does provide a solution to removing the u3 stuff but not for linux as far
as I know - I never did find if there was a way to remove it in linux even
using the reformatting tools like parted and equivalents - the hidden
partition seems particularly stubborn against decontamination attempts in
linux!

I only ever bought a single u3 drive and in the end resorted to using a
windows machine and the software you referred to in order to clean up the
drive.  After that it worked fine as a normal usb key.

If you do find a linux removal solution I would be interested to hear about
it....