Re: Bouts of Extreme System Slug

Frank Cox wrote:
On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 23:31:21 -0400 (EDT)
D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:

The Intel Atom processor seems a step in the right direction.  Too bad
that they haven't released an appropriately low-power support chipset
for it.

I have a book that I put under my Acer Aspire One if I'm going to use it when
sitting in a chair with the computer on my lap.  Even the Atom processor gives
off significant heat.

I've been thinking about buying or making some kind of a laptop lap desk to use
instead of the book but haven't thought of a good design for one yet.

I got one for my birthday, from 'Bed, Bath & Beyond' which was about $20-25 before their monthly 20%-OFF sale. The top tilts up for some keyboard slant, it has a slot/tray for pens, and a little storage on either side for a few books or listings. Intended for bed use, okay in a chair, tilts up enough to hold a book if you want.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>