Re: gallery2 update that came out today.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Jason Dickerson <jason dickerson gmail com> wrote:
The update will break the gallery; however there is a workaround.  Before you run the upgrade from http://<host>/gallery2/upgrade, you need to add the following symlink

ln -s /usr/share/php/Smarty /usr/share/gallery2/lib/smarty

If you have already run the upgrade, you can still just add the symlink and it will work.  I only say to add it before, to minimize the system check errors.

After the symlink is added, the upgrade system checks detect 3 files missing (2 documentation files and a jar file, g2_db2.jar) and 2 modified (Smarty_Compiler.class.php and modifier.debug_print_var.php).  These do not seem to present an issue.

As far as I can tell, everything is working after the symlink was created.

Unless I am missing something, it seems to be impossible
to upload pictures without the remote module. I was only able to
upload my pictures via digikam, after manually installing the remote module.

I also tried using webdav, but nautilus from F10 is not able to access webdav shares: bugzilla #458892

Therefore, I think that this new release (to cope with legal issues)
has some regressions, which are difficult to deal with.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ