WUSB54G firmware

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 1 17:47:27 UTC 2009

On 06/01/2009 01:02 PM, suvayu ali wrote:
> 2009/6/1 suvayu ali<fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com>:
>
>> 2009/6/1 Jim<mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net>:
>>
>>> Modules that are loading
>>>
>>> p54usb                 14208  0
>>> p54common              20452  1 p54usb
>>> mac80211              194224  2 p54usb,p54common
>>>

>> As you can see from this device list, your adapter is not there.
>> http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/p54/devices
>>

> A correction there, on scrolling down I see your device is listed, but
> has a different name for the firmware. So the revised steps should be,
>
> download the firmware for 'miniPCI / PCMCIA' and rename it to 'isl3886'
>
> and *not* isl3890usb. Sorry for the mix-up mate.
>
> GL

But the device I have is a  WUSB54G is a USB device.
The Firmware I downloaded is for the kernel I have and the firmware is
the isl3886usb
but another person told me to rename it to /lib/firmware/isl3890usb
Am I missing something here ?

Something that puzzles me is, I have X86_64 box here, shouldn't  this
firmware be located in /lib64/firmware ?