Graphics card recommendation?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jun 1 23:44:05 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Joonas Sarajärvi wrote:
>
>> There are cheap models in both Nvidia's and AMD/Ati's product ranges.
>>

> But don't buy NVidia! Proprietary drivers only cause problems.

Only for some people....

I've said it before....and I'll say it again....

I've been using the nVidia supplied drivers on linux since (I believe)
2002.  In that time I've had 2 problems traced to the nVidia driver and
in both cases the problems were fixed after being reported to nVidia.

I use nVidia on all my systems and they are in use by several companies
I work with here in Taiwan.   All are *very* happy.