update to F11 with yum

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Jun 2 00:14:30 UTC 2009

David wrote:

> And it should be *obvious* that since Fedora 11 has not yet been
> released that Fedora 11 should *not* be offered as an upgrade option.
>
> Why are you trying to make this difficult?

It's not difficult, it is ambiguous.

Since the title of the thread is "update to F11"
it is not unreasonable to suppose it is concerned with
updating to F11, not to "rawhide".

Many things that are obvious to you are not obvious to me,
or I suspect to many others.

That is why I suggest that you state clearly what you are advising
people to do, rather than simply say that it is "obvious".

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net