Are you using LXDE?

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 3 00:27:09 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 02 June 2009, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Can you supply a package name? I tried "yum install noveau" and didn't
> > find squat. :-(
>
> On the T61 I have:
>
> xorg-x11-drv-nouveau-0.0.11-1.20090106git133c1a5.fc10.x86_64
>
> and in /etc/X11/xorg.conf set
>
> Section "Device"
> 	Identifier  "Videocard0"
> 	Driver      "nouveau"
> EndSection
>
> if it currently says "nv" or "vesa"

I don't HAVE an xorg.conf. How does one configure Fedora 10 to use the
nouveau driver if one does not have an xorg.conf? I know that the "old" way
used to be to hand-edit the xorg.conf, but since that doesn't exist any
more, I'm at a loss for how to fix this. I know that it's installed as when
I tried to install it earlier yum said it was already installed.