Upgrade FC3 to FC10

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 3 18:39:32 UTC 2009

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:

> All joking aside, I don't see how you can avoid reinstalling your
> proprietary stuff under a more recent OS.

in all seriousness, i have wondered about this problem of upgrading from
an out of support version and have to ask,

is it not possible to pull old version iso's from archives and burn dvd's
to step thru versions to current using 'upgrade' feature?

granted, it would take some time to do, put if a user has software from
non red hat/fedora vendor, would this not be a way to retain them and
end up at current version of fedora?

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

****
**
help microsoft stamp out piracy - give linux to a friend today
**
to mess up a linux box, you need to work at it;
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****