Something bollixing packagekit

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Fri Jun 5 16:01:32 UTC 2009

	When I click the launcher for gpk-update-viewer, it gets an error
popup saying "No network connection available," even though one is, and
every other app is using it. The "Details" in the popup say merely
"Cannot refresh cache whilst offline."

	If I close the popup, the update viewer will eventually find,
download, and install the updates. But if I launch gpk-application
itself, I am unable to add or remove any software. It hits the same
popup, and unlike the updater, it stops cold when I close the popup.

	How do I tell it to wake up and smell the coffee??