how to install wmware in foedora 64

David dgboles at comcast.net
Sat Jun 6 23:49:37 UTC 2009

On 6/6/2009 6:40 PM, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> David wrote:
>> On 6/6/2009 6:02 PM, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
>> He was not talking about VMware Server. I, personally, have never used
>> it. Something that bothers me here though, unless it is a 'different
>> languages' thing is that the OP said that "it's too complicated to
>> install vmware in fedora 64". If it's too complicated to install then
>> how will it be trying to run it?
>
> Not sure what the big difference is in all of VMWare's different
> products.  I run Windows XP under VMWare Server.  That sure sounds like
> what the OP wants to do.  Why would I want to use any of the other
> offerings from VMWare?

That I would not know. But it did not, to me, sound like he was wanting
to run an actual 'server' system. More like a desktop in a Desktop.

The OP is completely free to do as he wishes. As are you of course.IMO.

I offered him a free, both in cost and software, solution. I was not
aware that anything other that VMware Player was available for no money
from VMware. Not calling you names but I would have to see that offer.
Could you supply a URL to that? Please.

--

  David