do I have to worry about these disk errors?

Jussi Lehtola jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 7 13:41:23 UTC 2009

Lainaus "Gianluca Cecchi" <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>:

> I got the errors indicated below. Only one time at the moment.
> The system is F10 x86_64. I didnt' get any application error from a
> user point of view.
> Actually in latest times I got some files downloaded from browser
> without giving error but indeed not correctly (after md5sum). Donna if
> caused by browser bug itself or disk,,,,
> And quite often firefox segfaults....

Yes, you really should! This looks a lot like your hard drive is failing!

If I were you, I'd hurry to
a) backup all important data and
b) get myself a new hard drive and transfer everything to it.

You can verify the diagnosis with

# smartctl -A /dev/sda

If you have a nonzero number in one or more of the following fields
  Reallocated_Sector_Ct
  Current_Pending_Sector
  Offline_Uncorrectable
then your hard drive is failing. Especially if you have something in
the latter two you should panic.
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor