Missing boot.iso file?

Aldo Foot lunixer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 23:45:42 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Michael D. Setzer
II<mikes at kuentos.guam.net> wrote:
> In the past, I have extracted the DVD iso file to an FTP server, and then burn
> the boot.iso from the images directory to a CD.  But the images directory of
> Fedora11 doesn't have a boot.iso, but the README file mentions it. There
> are a number of .img files, but those are not iso images?
>
> Is the file missing, or is there a method to convert the img files to iso file?
___

You can make your own boot.iso.

mount the dvd image, copy the isolinux dir to a dir in you computer
and execute this:

/usr/bin/mkisofs -o boot.iso -b isolinux.bin -c boot.cat \
-no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table \
-R -J -V -T isolinux/

the result will be a boot.iso filename (as noted in the command).

~af