Annaconda crashes -- Unable to install F11 32bit or 64bit versions

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 13:13:40 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 07:55:43PM -0700, Leslie Satenstein wrote:
> I raised a bugzilla report for this problem.
>
> Here it is in recap.
>
> With F11, beta, and now with F11 released (32 and 64bit) versions, anaconda
> locks up after selecting keyboard and the crash does not allow me to save any
> traceback or output.
>
> The system is an ASUS P5Q (Intel E7300 cpu, 4 gigs memory, ati hd3450 video),
>
> By the way....
> I can install all previous version numbers of Fedora (10 and down), all Ubuntu,
> and have XP on this system, so I do not believe it is a bios config problem.
>
> Now, I have lost F10 on this system, and would like to have F11 install, as a
> fresh installation

A couple of recommendations:

1.  Try adding 'noapic acpi=off' to the boot line when you boot from
the disc.

2.  Read through http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/BugReporting
and then file a bug about your particular problem.  If you can give
detailed information about the hardware -- and it sounds from the
above like you're well informed already! -- that will help a lot.

3.  You might want to check in on the anaconda developers' list to see
if they have any other tips.