Yum having Name Resolution problems with rpmfusion.org

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 11 15:35:07 UTC 2009

FC11/KDE

Having name resolution problems connecting to rpmfusion, Below is error
message.

/etc/resolv.conf has correct settings for nameserver 172.16.0.1 for
gateway router

# yum update
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/mirrorl...a-11&arch=i386
<http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/mirrorlist?repo=free-fedora-11&arch=i386>
error was
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name
resolution>
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
rpmfusion-free. Please verify its path and try again

This is the line I put in /etc/modprobe.d/dist.conf for Ipv6 disable

install net-pf-10 /bin/true

It didn't seem to have "name resolution" problems when I downloaded the
rpmfusion-release-rpm using rpm -ivh .