Anyone Successfully Install with RAID1 or LVM over RAID1?

Brian Hanks bhanks at bhanks.net
Thu Jun 11 22:27:26 UTC 2009

Has anyone successfully installed F11 x86_64 using RAID1 or LVM on top
of RAID1?  If so, what was the key to your success?  I'm looking for
some suggestions.

I must admit that I'm getting a bit frustrated with Fedora releases that
have Anaconda partitioning issues.  It seems that every second or third
release I can successfully install a system with RAID1/LVM.  This time
around, it's not looking so good.  I participated in pre-release testing
and thought that these problems were behind us.

Anyway, I've install F11 (i386 & x86_64) successfully several times as
long as I leave RAID1 out of the picture.  I did find a few other small
bugs in the partitioning tool, but none that I couldn't work around.  I
have filed a bug report for this latest issue.

My main problem at this point is that I want a fresh F11 install on my
main workstation, but the installer isn't happy with my preferred
partition scheme.  I also need to point out that this is a partitioning
layout that I've been using successfully using for many, many years and
many, many versions of RedHat/Fedora.

Hopefully, there will be some solution in the near future.

--Brian Hanks