Wireless networking - should I install Ralink driver? Solved

Markus Kesaromous remotestar at live.com
Fri Jun 12 16:59:03 UTC 2009

Unfortunately for me, wpa_supplicant is not able to associate.
I have compiled the ralink driver to have the values

HAS_WPA_SUPPLICANT=y
and
HAS_NATIVE_WPA_SUPPLICANT=y
according to their README_STA file.

wpa_supplicant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -ira0 -Dwext -f /var/log/...etc

is unable to associate.

In fact it is unable to associate no matter what combinations
I compile the driver as far as the 2 definitions above are
concerned.

I sent email to  FAE at ralinktech.com
and still no reply. I will not hold my breath for these guys to respond.

So, I guess, I will have to look around for a mini-pci card that supports
801.11 N Draft 2, AND is supported by a released fedora driver.

If anyone can make a suggestion which mini-pci card will meet this
requirement, I would be greatful.

Cheers,

MK