HOWTO? Install TrueType fonts (not MS freefonts) onto Fedora 10

Ted Roche tedroche at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 18:36:32 UTC 2009

Mark Simonson (http://www.marksimonson.com/) has posted a
freely-distributable fixed-width font I'd like to try out as a
programmers font. It comes as a TrueType font. Up to now, I've just
worked with the fonts provided with the distribution and haven't tried
to install a font. Googling for some directions give irrelevant and
obsolete (FC3!) guidance. Trying the GNOME help tells me to use a font
preference tool I haven't been able to locate (System|Preferences|Look
& Feel|Fonts lets me choose from installed fonts, but no option to
install.

Can someone point me to a good resource or HOWTO on
installing/converting a TrueType font to work in F10/X/GNOME?

Tia,

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC