Cd won't mount normally in fc10

Dave Burns tburns at hawaii.edu
Sat Jun 13 00:10:37 UTC 2009

I had trouble mounting a CD on an fc10 system yesterday. I was able to
mount, but only from command line and using /dev/sr0 instead of /dev/cdrom
or whatever. The system managed to change the title of the drive icon
without my help, but not to actually mount the disk.

Is the automounting handled by haldaemon, or autofs, or what? I tried
restarting both those services, no help there. fstab and mtab have nothing
in them about the CD drive.

Is there some message I should be seeing in dmesg or /var/log/messages that
would tell me that what is screwed up?

mahalo,
Dave