scim and keyboard input issues still

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Jun 13 17:11:39 UTC 2009

F10 - KDE

I am pretty much working but since I installed scim and am switching
between Chinese and English, I can no longer use some of my keys...

<DELETE>     doesn't appear to do anything
<Arrow Up>   doesn't appear to do anything
<Arrow Down> appears to perform like pressing <Enter>

yet if I open xev, I can see the keycodes are being sent.

and if I quit scim, it doesn't fix anything.

I think this happened once I configured KDE systemsettings and added
Chinese language but I removed it now and still, no change. Setup in
systemsettings/Region & Language only shows US English and keyboard is
still Evdev-managed keyboard and only USA layout.

So I can't figure out that even if I apparently quit scim and put things
back to normal now in KDE systemsettings, why can I not use some of my
keys?

Craig

believed to be clean.