F11: Resume from hibernate on X61 laptop.

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 17:48:50 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Jason Ish <ish at unx.ca> wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> I'm hoping I just missed something here.  I recently installed F11 on my
> Lenovo X61 laptop without a swap partition, I've since added one (and set it
> up in /etc/fstab) as I'd like hibernate to work.
>
> Currently hibernate will go down, but it will not come back.  When booting
> up, the swap part of the init process just says something about user space
> swap data found, reinitializing.
>
> Did not installing swap from the beginning cause an issue here?  I ask, b/c
> suspend and hibernate just worked on this laptop with F9 and F10.
>
> Thanks for any help.

I have installed Fedora 11 with a 200 MB /boot, 25 Gig EXT4 root, and 1.5
Gig Swap partition.

Hibernate starts, and works. But upon resume, I get a black screen and a
stuck mouse pointer, with some disk activity every minute or so.

Btw: it's a desktop, not a laptop, but still, the first system where I got
hibernate to work was a Pentium 1 133Mhz desktop running OS/2  Warp 4.0
around 13 years ago, in a galaxy far, far away. ;-)

FC

> --

Dream of the Daily Mail
It is the Holy Grail
And then the BBC
Your life would be complete

-Manic Street Preachers, "Royal Correspondent"