F11 bind-chroot - a question?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Jun 13 20:31:51 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-06-13 at 12:39 -0700, Mike Cloaked wrote:
> I have F11 with bind-chroot installed.  In the past when I started named
> after an install in F10 (using system-config-bind) I had a file at the
> location /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf
>
> In F11 I do not see this, although there is a file at /etc/named.conf - I am
> wondering if the chrooted directories are not linked in properly?
>
> Does anyone know if bind-chroot is working properly in F11 or have I missed
> some fundamental change between F10 and F11?
----
I don't know that anything changed but I would doubt it.

My experience says that /etc/named.conf is just a symbolic link
to /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf and though bind starts as root, the
user is switched to 'named:named' and this user should be locked to the
chroot, thus all the config/data/pid/proc files etc. should be
under /var/named/chroot

Craig

believed to be clean.