Problems with NFS in Fedora 11 ppc

David Burns tdbtdb at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 23:37:08 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 7:25 AM, Dmitry Zaletnev <dzaletnev at yandex.ru>wrote:

> the resulting output is:
>
> clnt_create: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable to receive

wildish guess - rpcbind is misconfigured or not running.Try
/etc/init.d/rpcbind restart. Or selinux or firewall settings could also be
raining on your parade. Look for log entries in /var/log/messages for
troubleshooting clues. Logs on the server side probably more interesting.
Does nfsd even notice the client is there? Does it complain about something?

On my setup, I'd also be tempted to see if ypbind is okay, but that's
because I'm in an NIS shop and our NFS depends on NIS for authentication.
Yours could be completely different, probably not relevant for you.
Dave