Other host already uses address -

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sat Jun 13 23:38:34 UTC 2009

Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>
>>> It's difficult without the ethernet connection,
>> Wait a moment - are you trying to bring up both eth0 and eth1 on the
>> same network? The pan0 is not the second NIC. I don't remember what
>> it is off hand...
>>
>> As far as moving messages from one computer to another when having
>> network problems, I find saving the output to a PEN drive, or flash
>> memory card and moding that to another machine works well. (Kind of
>> like the old "sneaker net" that consisted of moving floppies from
>> machine to machine... :-)
>>
>> Mikkel
>>

>        After struggling to get the USB thumb drive working so I could
>        transfer files between boxes by that primitive means I suddenly
>        have eth0 working and an internet connection. It's busy doing an
>        F-10 update, about one third of the way through the list
>        already. Of course it does the smallest files first so it will
>        take some time to complete but this is a quantum step forward.
>
>        I'm still puzzling over what caused things to begin working.
>
>        All my installs recently have been via the LiveCD and internet
>        to yum is essential to get everything I want installed.
>
>        For the moment all is well.
>
>        Thanks for the help.
>
>        Bob

You must have chased the Gremlins out... I hope they are gone for good!

Mike
--

"I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my
telephone. My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my

   -Bjorne Stroustrup, computer science professor,
                       designer of C++ programming language (1950- )