Other host already uses address -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Jun 14 07:38:55 UTC 2009

Partha wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 04:07:33PM -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
>>        I am still running F-10, I will wait until things settle down to
>>        try F-11 otherwise I burn up a lot of bandwidth doing updates
>>        over and over. I have a satellite system for my internet
>>        connection and I am limited to 17 gigs download per month. In
>>        fact we had heavy rain this afternoon and the signal was blocked
>>        by the rain for about two hours.
>>
>>        The computer with the problems is a new [to me] used computer
>>        with a new LiveCD Gnome install.
>>

> About that , now f-11 has deltarpms you don't have to worry about that. On my fresh livecd gnome install the update size was 81M but thanks to presto it only downloaded 10M which amounts to 90% savings ! except the anaconda storage bugs and soundcard not working i am quite impressed with f-11 it is definitely snappier and better than f-10.

        I am glad to hear that! I will install F-11 as soon as the furor
        dies down. At the moment I have three running F-10 but will
        eventually upgrade one, and then all ... I did a "preupgrade>
        from 9 to 10 on one computer and lost everything when it did not
        complete ... fortunately I had most but not all files backed up!

        Each new distro has been better than the preceding one though.

        Thanks.

        Bob