F11: Resume from hibernate on X61 laptop.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 14 08:09:31 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-06-13 at 07:56 -0700, Jason Ish wrote:
> Did not installing swap from the beginning cause an issue here?  I
> ask, b/c suspend and hibernate just worked on this laptop with F9 and
> F10.

Possibly...

Prior behaviour (and probably still current), is that the initrd file
created when installing a kernel holds a reference to swap that's used
when resuming.  You can make a new initrd (mkinitrd) or add a resume=
parameter to the kernel line in the grub.conf file.  With the location
for the swap written after the equals sign.

NB:  If you use a swap file in a location that needs mounting before
it's possible to access it, I don't think you're going to be able to
resume from it.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.24-78.2.53.fc9.i686