Repolist Problem

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 15:19:51 UTC 2009

No need to send a copy to me directly. I'm subscribed here.

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 09:49:41 -0500, Bruno wrote:

> Looking in http://rpm.livna.org/repo I see:

That's not the same than the previous location
( http://rpm.livna.org/fedora ) which users may have
used as baseurls in their .repo files or in bookmarks.

> (Also I think there are sym links involved here that you can see with
> rsync, but not http.)

Such symlinks would be useless if Yum could not see them either. ;)

One level up one can find both repositories, the old "fedora/" tree
*and* the new "repo/" tree: http://livna-dl.reloumirrors.net/

> The timestamp is from today, so this might be a pretty recent change.

The corresponding livna-release package is from Dec last year.

When changing file locations so drastically, one should remove
old documentation and any pointers to the old locations in order
to make the new location much easier to find.

If one goes to parent directory at http://rpm.livna.org/fedora one
even finds a click-me.html that redirects to an out-of-date Livna
wiki about Fedora 8 and 9. No human resources to maintain all of
this => get rid of it and avoid confusion.