Can't install F11 as F10 KVM guest

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Jun 15 17:39:40 UTC 2009

Ian Pilcher wrote:
> I cannot install Fedora 11 on my home system.  The rewritten anaconda
> storage code is bombing out with mysterious errors about file
> descriptors and select.
>
> I thought that I could install it as a KVM guest and then "V2P" it, but
> I have failed in my attempts to install Fedora 11 as a KVM guest on
> Fedora 10.
>
> Has anyone succeeded in doing this?  If so, how?

Pretty much the obvious: (from memory)
qemu-img create -f qcow2 fc11s1.img 6G
qemu-kvm -m 1200 -hda fc11s1.img -cdrom fc11-install-x86.img -boot d

Works on both fc9 and fc10, x86-32 and x86-64. Add your sound option as desired.

Now... if you meant you are trying to do this with virt-manager and friends,
rather than use kvm, I really can't offer much help, I've used the tools, but
I'm more comfortable with command line stuff I have been using for years, since
qemu was new.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>