Trouble while setting the repository

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 22:22:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-16 at 13:38 -0700, Digvijay Patankar wrote:
> I am using F11. We have a local mirror in our college.
> So while setting that local mirror I deleted the original .repo files
> in yum.repos.d/ directory.
> But now I found out that there is some problem with our local mirror.
> So now I want the default .repo files.
> Since I am not having them, I am unable to update my system.
> Can anyone please help me getting those repo files.
> I have rpmfusion repo files. But I need fedora and updates repo too.

[Never delete system files without keeping a copy. Alternatively,
comment out the lines you don't want, but leave them in place. Add your
own id and a datestamp to the comment.]

Anyway, the easiest fix is probably to download a fresh copy of yum and
install it, e.g. (this is all one line of course):

# rpm --force -ihv
http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/yum/3.2.23/3.fc11/noarch/yum-3.2.23-3.fc11.noarch.rpm

or if that's too scary, just download the above rpm and use rpm2cpio to
extract the files you want.

poc

PS Don't post to this list in HTML.