laptop battery died while upgrading using Pre-upgrade

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 10:53:38 UTC 2009

Hi,

Don't know what to do. I guess I could reinstall. But this can not be that uncommon a problem? Surely people can lose power while upgrading using preupgrade, even tho I was careless in this case.

I wonder if erasing the fc11 rpms would help.

While I upgrading, I was told that I would have 1674 packages which would be updated. The laptop battery died while it was on 1047 (I think! but I am pretty sure of this number).

If I do yum erase \* I get asked toremove 2752 packages.

If I do yum erase \*fc11 I get asked to remove 1092 packages (incl deps).

If I do yum erase \*fc10 I get asked to remove 1627 packages (incl deps).

The total 1092+1627 = 2719 is less than 2752. So I was wondering if removing these fc11 and upgrading from scratch would help.

Btw, going into Upgrade Leonidas at boot now causes the system to say that it can not find the root system of an existing installation.

Any suggestions?
Best,