OT - Success! - The new Palm Pre, Google Calendar and Kontact

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Wed Jun 17 17:19:54 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 12:34 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 8:32 AM, Christopher A. Williams
> <chriswfedora at cawllc.com> wrote:
>

>         But on this point I must agree: The Pre absolutely does
>         rock!!! Based on
>         having used mine for just a few days now, I can confidently
>         say that
>         Apple and the iPhone have some serious, formidable competition
>         on their
>         hands - including the new iPhone 3Gs.
>
> Not while it's only available for CDMA networks.

That's a matter of opinion and taste as opposed to fact.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/151

In my opinion (and note that I'm intentionally taking mainly a USA
perspective for this), AT&T was and remains the primary reason why I did
NOT - and would not - buy an iPhone.

BTW, the Pre is also 4G ready.

> OT: I read a cogent article recently arguing that the real target of
> the Pre is Blackberry, precisely because of the superior synching.

Interesting thought, but it isn't consistent with what I hear from
people who work for Sprint, let alone what most of the pundits are
saying. It that were true, the Pre definitely hit that goal as well - at
least for me. I switched from the BB 8830 to the Pre and did so after
looking hard at the BB Storm...

--
"You see things as they are and ask, 'Why?'

-- George Bernard Shaw