NFS ports?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Jun 17 20:30:16 UTC 2009

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 10:21:52 -0400
> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>

>> I have not been able to make nfs4 work however although it appears to be
>> present in F-10?
>>

> http://osdir.com/ml/network.guarddog/2005-09/msg00002.html

    Thanks Frank, that fills in some more parts of the NFS puzzle. I
    substituted those numbers for the random numbers I had. That works
    and /etc/sysconfig/nfs looks better, :-)

    Presently I am running one server and am able to access it with two
    clients simultaneously. Have some recorded music on the server and
    each client can pick different selections playing them via xmms. A
    small measure of success!

    The music seemed like a simple way to test things, actually I have
    little interest in listening to music on the computer but it will
    impress my grandsons. A giant iPod!.

    Bob