Ultimate Fedora partition scheme ?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Jun 18 22:26:55 UTC 2009

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm wondering what tricks do you use when you are creating partition
> schemes for your laptop or desktop...
>
> I install Fedora on different laptops, with disks usually with
> 80-160GB of disk space.
>
> Lets take 120GB for example. If I would like to make partition scheme
> that is diverse, dynamic, flexible and secure how would you accomplish
> that? Let me expand on what I mean:

Install Fedora with a boot, swap, and other partition, use KVM for all the stuff
you want to play with. It's all of the stuff you want, using qcow2 disk images
keeps the disk used small even if you specify a large virtual disk, and you can
go crazy with copy, making a disk image COW to test new stuff, etc, etc. You can
plug in extra "disk space" via USB or slots, and one encryption covers everything.

No matter what partition layout you choose, it will be wrong for something you
want to do in the future.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>